Dkara

The D'kara, an online blog & open discussion area for the personality behind the ever-creative Sircha of Dragonrealms.

Name:

Curiousity

Monday, November 15, 2004

Playing Badly, I like the idea!

Idea by: BEVERAGEK

Playing Badly ยท on 11/13/2004 6:11:44 PM
550
It just came across my thinking that, once you get good at an instrument, it's impossible to play it badly of your own free will. When we get a play write or whatever, maybe it could be considered to add in a play badly or play horrible option. I hate when someone plays something and then I say, "Ohh, well I'm pretty bad at playing too..." And then something like this shows up: With total concentration, you tap a gentle melody, mastering each combination of note and beat.Maybe I'm the only one who enjoys it, but it's so fun just to fool around on the piano, sorta messing up on purpose just for laughs. It'd be cool to do that in game too, in my opinion.

And if I may add my 2 kronars which I will since there's no one to stop me here!
Bard's are well sneaky, crafty folk, (or at least we try to be) this comming from the bard who invented Bluff Dead. There's no reason why we couldn't possibly have this, we are masterful performers, and if I remmember correctly, Deryka probably did write down all of my fascinating, but terribly funny performance numbers for the instrument messaging updates.

On the otherhand, I could just take this idea, and Roleplay it straight up as an out of practice bard. Playact start... Sircha plays her oboe so loud and and off-key, it sounds like she's killing a rubber ducky.
then I could just... cringe and wince a few times, and try again...
Sircha plays her oboe marginally well, if you excuse the occasional piercing "Squeeek" that continues to eminate from her oboe.
ooh, oooh then, throw voice oboe honnnk.
Your oboe says, 'honnnk'

Hehe, I think I will do that when I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home